In the past week I have been nominated for 3 blogging awards! Thanks so much to everyone who included me. I thought I’d take today to do a round-up of all three. Check for nominations if you like. There will be a cake and punch reception afterward. Mmm … death by chocolaholic’s anonymous.
One Lovely Blog Award:
Thanks to “An Author’s Life” for nominating me (sorry it took a week to get to this!) As per the rules here are some answers to obscure questions:
1. What is your favorite color – Green, like the ninja turtles, not like vegetables.
2. What is your favorite animal – Tribbles. Have your pets spayed or neutered takes on a whole new meaning in this case.
3. What is my favorite non-alcoholic drink – IBC Root Beer in a chilled glass. Used to get it at the Cracker Barrel when I was a lad.
4. Do I prefer Facebook or Twitter – Anything with Twit in the name is not for me.
5. What is your favorite pattern – The Ohio Star Quilt Block (or the Block O).
6. Do you prefer giving or getting presents – I enjoy giving, though getting is nice too. (C’mon who’re we kidding?)
7. What is your favorite number – 42. That’s a gimme.
8. What is your favorite flower – Hydrangeas. But only if I’m not being brain washed.
9. What is your favorite day of the week – Thursday. Friday always starts like it’s going to be relaxing, but then something always goes to hell. Thursday is relaxing, productive, and used to be the night Mystery was on.
10. What’s your passion – My wife, God, writing and C++ (it’s one better than all the other programming languages).
The Versatile Blogger Award
Thanks again to “An Author’s Life” (please don’t quit this blogging thing, we’ll miss you!). As per the rules here are seven fun facts about me.
1. I could not snap my fingers until well into my teens (an essential skill for someone in the OSU Men’s Glee Club).
2. My beard is reddish brown, but my hair is technically blond. It was very blond when I was young, and now is more of brown or dirty blond.
3. I do not like to be called blond.
4. I do like to be called Bond, James Bond. JK.
5. My first story ever was about “The Muppet Babies” *shudder*
6. My first stuffed animal was named “Fuzz-Ball”. He had a friend who was the dinosaur from “The Land Before Time” (before there were a million sequels, Land Before Time 22 – Jurassic Boogaloo).
7. My dog once ate 36 Pizzelles (6 inch flat round cookies you make in something like a waffle iron). We make about 16 dozen every Christmas so there were a few left.
The Lucky 7 Meme
This last isn’t an award exactly, more of a challenge, but thanks to M. S. Fowle for tagging me. Here’s a little sample of something I’ll be putting out in late January of 2013.
1. Go to the 7th or 77th page of your Work in Progress.
2. Go to the 7th line of the page.
3. Copy the next 7 sentences or paragraphs. Remember, they must be as they are typed.
4. Tag 7 authors.
5. Let them know they’re it!
The Sample (from Surreality):
“Not used to all this are you?”
“No, not really. I’ve never been much of a gamer. Do you mind if I ask you a question?”
“Are you real?”
“Of course I’m real. I’m as real as everything you see here,” she laughed. “I’m not real in the sense you mean, as in a human controlling a puppet in here, but I am real. My full name is Synthetic Intelligence Algorithm, or Synthia for short. Pleased to meet you.” She gave a little mock salute.
“So you’re an artificial intelligence?”
“My intelligence is real, it’s just my form that isn’t. Yes, my thought patterns are determined by complex mathematical algorithms, but yours might be too. After all you are a detective. Your thought process has to be ordered or you’d never solve a case, right?”
Tag You’re It!
An Author’s Life (I just put you in my blogroll so you can’t leave)
BJ Kerry (Your crooked tree looks like a fractal)
The Happy Logophile (I’m glad you’re back!)
I’ll be honest. While I try to keep up with the blogosphere, I’m still pretty new, and I only know a few of you. But those of you I know, I love. So I thought instead of a laundry list of sites I’d just do a few for each award.
One Lovely Blog:
And I’ve done a couple of updates to the blogroll. Thanks to everyone for following thus far.