I am soooo tired from watching the debate last night. I’m not going to waste your time trying to convince you which is the better candidate, that’s what Facebook is for. Instead I thought I’d just list a few of my impressions in no particular order:
– Jim Lehrer still has the blackest eyes of anyone I have seen on television. Does he even have whites in his eyes?
– Romney cracked a joke about Obama’s anniversary and being stuck with him. I laughed.
– Romney likes Big Bird (and Jim Lehrer) but doesn’t want the government to subsidize them. I’m sorry, he likes Big Bird?
– The conversation was more free format than I would have expected. I like this.
– Obama talks a LOT. And slower than Romney. Jay Pharaoh is doing a good impression with those long pauses and the low guttural … uh.
– We have only three minutes left to talk about partisan gridlock, and Jim Lehrer is eating half of them.
– Romney came off MUCH better than I expected, but he’s still kind of a tool.
– Obama needs to look at Mitt and not his notes.
– I think Taran Killam will play Lehrer in the cold open on Saturday. I will be exhausted from watching OSU football and the Stewart v. O’Reilly debate.
– I don’t need specific cases of who you talked to, either of you. Statistical outliers do not a policy make.
– Next time I’m playing a drinking game. Thank God Biden’s the next debate.
I’m gonna take a cat nap.